Thursday 11 October 2012

Surrounded by family and friends...and Misca

Misca is sharing her cuteness
My husband often travels  for work purposes. At present he is away for ten days, returning in 3 days. The  rhythm  of my house is out of sync when he is not around. We have been married for 17 years and I have definitely gotten used to his travelling, but my kids and I do miss his laughter and witty remarks when he is not around. Thank heavens for Skype and Whatsap and cellular phones, as its much easier to stay in contact.
 
Misca in "draping"-mode
Recently we got a new kitten and she's showered in constant attention from my family. My kids call her Mufasa, but that was a Lion in Africa, and she's just too dainty to be anything but Misca. Its the nicest thing to cuddle a warm fuzzy little kitten, and not a day goes by that she's not had us in stitches! I think kittens should be compulsary in old age homes. You check in and receive your complimentary kitten...! Our kitten soon decided that my laptop is the best place for naps. Maybe its the humming or heat the laptop generates? What ever, she's constantly draping herself all over it! I do not mind her being there but when she's grown I would probably not think its funny anymore.
 
The schools around here close earlier around lunch times on Wednesdays, and all the other week days around 3 to 4pm. So the kids normally arrange their get together on Wednesdays as well.  The kids are becoming more and more independant. The only dependancy it seems they shall never be weaned from is "pocket money". Its bubbling and busy when there is a house full of teenagers. Yeah I know, I know... full laundry baskets, empty fridge, sand in the hall way, missing TV remote, plates and glasses everywhere but the kitchen, towels in wet bundles hung up on the floor....so its all very social.
 
Most Wednesday, my friends and I meet up for the afternoon. Its my life raft...Sometimes we go out for a coffee or sit next to a swimming pool or we remain in the lounge area and share. We share thoughts, wishes, dreams and hopes. We compare kids and husbands and cleaners and swap recipes. Its always nice to have friends around, but then they also have families to get back to at the end of the day.
 
Everything in life seems more bearable when you look at life through a wineglass! But that definitely does not apply to my mirror! These days I can see by backside without turning around and although I go to gym with another friend 4 times a week, its size has remained the same! Mabe its a bit firmer than before, but definitely not smaller and still clearly visible. I am not the sort to starve myself, I just love eating. Nowadays I try stuffing myself with less, but clearly my kitchen is my most favourate comfort zone. 
 
I have told Misca all of this, she did not critisize, in fact she promptly followed me to that fridge to see what delicaties I might remove and share with her. Anyone want to buy a bathroom scale? I need to sell it and buy another cat...

No comments:

Post a Comment